- South Amboy resident cards are issued for three years.
- Parent or legal guardian is responsible for the minor’s account.
- Dowdell library card holders are entitled to check books out at MURAL libraries. A list of participating libraries is available at the main desk.
- A library card can only be used by the person to whom it is issued.
- Please report lost or stolen cards immediately.
Fees and Late Charges
- Replacement card fee – $3
- Books, CDs, audio books and computer software – $0.20 day
- DVD – $2 day
- Media returned in the book drop – $2
- Reserve books – $.25 day
- Inter-library loans – $.25 day late fee
Books, Audio Books, CDs, Computer Software, Periodicals
- Circulation loan period: 2 weeks
- Renewal: 3 times
- Reserve items: no renewals
- Fiction – two days – one renewal if no reserves
- Non-fiction – two weeks – one renewal if no reserves
- Reserve DVDs – no renewals
- 10 adult and 10 juvenile per family
- No limit
- School projects
- Limit of 2 per subject
- Inter-library loan items
- Circulation loan period: two weeks
- Renewals can be requested with approval from lending library
Audio Books, Music CDs
- 10 Per Person
- No Limit
Lost Or Damaged Materials
Patron pays the full list price of the item plus a processing fee
- Hardcover books, computer software, audio books and DVDs – $10
- Paperbacks and periodicals – $3