Wireless Printing @ Dowdell
Sadie Pope Dowdell Library now offers wireless web printing.
This service is offered to our patrons using wireless devices and personal laptops with functioning wireless cards (802.11b/g/n) . To use our wireless printing, you must be connected to our Free WiFi service.
Overview of Wireless Printing from a Portable Device
To wirelessly print from an iOS, Android, Kindle, or Nook device:
- Go to the app store on your mobile device.
- Search for "Canon Print" in the store and install the Canon Print application on your mobile device.
- Be sure you are using our WiFi access (SAPL) or you will not be able to access the Library public printer.
- Once the app is installed, you should be able to print wirelessly from most applications.
- Print Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe PDF files that are attached to emails or in cloud storage applications such as Google Docs, Box or Dropbox by tapping on the document you wish to print and following the prompts for your device.
Things to be Aware of with Mobile Device Printing.
- You must be using SAPL WiFi for the Library's print service to be accessible.
- There is considerable variation in how Canon Print interfaces with specific applications and different mobile devices. Using the printing options supplied on the Canon Print screen or printing from local device drive or cloud storage such as Box or DropBox usually meets with the most immediate success.
- It may not be possible to print emails or web pages within specific applications on many portable devices. You may need to save the email or web page to a local device drive or cloud storage such as DropBox and access Canon Print via that application.
Printing will cost 0.15 per page (same as prints from workstations).
Have a question? Click here
E-mail us at email@example.com