Lizzy Tucker’s once normal life as a pastry chef in Salem, Massachusetts, turns upside down as she battles both sinister forces and an inconvenient attraction to her unnaturally talented but off-limits partner, Diesel.
When Harvard University English professor and dyed-in-the-wool romantic Gilbert Reedy is mysteriously murdered and thrown off his fourth-floor balcony, Lizzy and Diesel take up his twenty-year quest for the Luxuria Stone, an ancient relic believed by some to be infused with the power of lust. Following clues contained in a cryptic nineteenth-century book of sonnets, Lizzy and Diesel tear through Boston catacombs, government buildings, and multimillion-dollar residences. On their way they’ll leave behind a trail of robbed graves, public disturbances, and general mayhem.
Diesel’s black sheep cousin, Gerwulf Grimoire, also wants the Stone. His motives are far from pure, and what he plans on doing with the treasure, no one knows . . . but Lizzy Tucker fears she’s in his crosshairs. Never far and always watching, Grimoire has a growing, vested interest in the cupcake-baker-turned-finder-of-lost-things. As does another dangerous and dark opponent in the hunt—a devotee of lawlessness and chaos, known only as Anarchy.
Treasures will be sought, and the power of lust will be unmistakable as Lizzy and Diesel attempt to stay ahead of Anarchy, Grimoire, and his medieval minion, Hatchet, in this ancient game of twisted riddles and high-stakes hide-and-seek.
- 101 Job Search Tips! Presented by Career Coach, Eunice Colmon – Monday, March 23 @ 7pm – Participants must sign up to attend free workshop.
- Fine amounts that were 10 cent fines are now 20 cents: overdue books, magazines, audiobooks, read-a-longs, Playaways, software & music CDs.
- Sat, March 21, 1-3 pm Makers from across NJ will be participating in the inaugural NJ Makers Day 2015 to celebrate and share maker culture.
- Fine amounts that had 10 cent fines are now 20 cents: overdue books, magazines, audiobooks, read-a-longs, Playaways, software & music CDs.
- Good news for Zinio users! Patrons will be able to read, check out and view previously checked out titles directly from the library page.
Access your local Libraries of Middlesex Automation Consortium. Anytime, anywhere via the LMxPRESS app
Keyword author title subject series periodical title